My staff has now gone through all of the files and the files now match the Armorial. In the process we found some rejections filed with the acceptances, and the acceptances which were not in the ordinary, which I have just repeated. We found a number of entries in the armorial for which there are no files. I will list further on these missing files so the principal heralds can send me copies of them. I also found a number of files in the acceptances that not only were not in the armorial but gave no sign of having been acted on at all. I therefore am listing a Laurel Letter of Intent, as of October 20, 1980 XV, with these submissions. Please check your files to see if there was indeed any action taken on these. Please comment on these as if this were a normal letter of intent as two months from now I will process them as if they were new submissions. I will give the kingdom and date they were submitted, where this is known.
LAUREL LETTER OF INTENT
1. Bess the Obscure (Middle, no date) Vert, a grizzley bear counter-rampant (Ursus horribilis) proper.
2. Chief of Clan Chlurain, Badge (No information sheet, kingdom unkown, Feb. 9, 1972) Per fess gules and or, a sheep passant argent, its sinister foreleg standing in a wooden tub sable.
Note: I need to know who to register this badge to.
3. The Dark Horde, Badge (This is new) Per pale embowed and counterembowed gules and sable, a lightning flash bendwise sinister Or.
Note: The Dark Horde spans the entire SCA and so they sent their badge directly to me, as corporate office do. I hereby submit it to the College for consideration. Large groups like this may be registered in their own right, and need not be registered to any one individual, although I must still have a spokesman to be able to contact.
4. Earl of Dummonia (Middle, no date) Or, an oak tree eradicated between five mullets, two, two and one, azure.
5. Gwendolyn of Caer Corddinen (West, Feb. 8, 1974) Argent, a rowan tree eradicated and fructed proper within a bordure embattled vert.
Note: I'll need the genus and species for a rowan tree.
6. Gwili (West, Feb. 22, 1973) Sable, on a fess nebuly argent a crescent between an increscent and a decrescent gules.
Note: She will need a surname or a place name.
7. Kathryn de la Mer Vent of Whitewolf (Atenveld, no date) Argent, ermined gules, a heart gules pierced by three tridents, two in saltire, one palewise inverted, Or.
8. Marchias (West, no date) Per chevron gules and Or, on a chief azure in canton an annulet Or.
Note: I need the mundane name. He or she needs a surname or place name.
9. Margaret of Ashford (West, Feb. 22, 1973) Or, on a chevron invected sable cottised gules three pinecones Or.
10. Margaret of the Misty Meer (Atenveldt, Aug. 6, 1972) Per chevron azure and gules, a lion's head cabossed Or grasping in its teeth a broken sword fesswise proper.
11. Stanislav of Tartary (East, Nov. 4, 1976, 5/30/1970) Sable, a serpant counter-erect proper.
Note: I'll need the genus and species, or else the tincture.
12. William of the Slow Lightning Badge. (Kingdom and date unknown) Azure, issuant from sinister a lightning flash fesswise Or.
Note: There is no information sheet. The mundane name is M. Bailey.
End of Laurel Letter of Intent
With this batch plus the list of missing files the College of Arms files are now up to date. If you still have some submissions which were sent out by you before August of this year which have not been acted on something is wrong. Let me know about them. My next major project will be to go through the files and find all badges which have a name attached to them such as household badges or clan badges. These badge names will then be entered in the armorial with a reference to the Society name of the person they are registered to. If anyone can think of more worthwhile projects let me know. Pray believe, my Lords and my Ladies, that I remain
Wilhelm von Schlüssel, OL, OP, OLM, QOG
Laurel King of Arms